Two die in Weston fire
Fire caused by electrical overload
Two people died in a house fire in Weston on Monday night.
The Celina fire department received the call abut 11 p.m. on July 30. By the time firefighters reached the scene the single story, older home was engulfed in flames.
Collin County Interim Fire Marshal Jason Browning said once the fire was contained firefighters conducted a search and found two bodies. They were so badly burned they could not be identified at the scene.
Browning said the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit and determined to be accidental.
“This fire was very specific to a specific set of circumstances,” he said. “Some of the wiring was substandard. It was an overloaded electrical circuit in this particular house.”
Besides the Weston fire department, Celina, Anna and Melissa fire departments helped fight the blaze.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the names of the fire victims had not been released by the Collin County Medical Examiner's office.
Copyright © 2013 - Star Local News